"In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy." - Albert Clarke

Sunday, May 9, 2010

partner yoga

My husband's cousin came into town this weekend, and we were able to enjoy a lovely few days with him.  He has newly begun to practice yoga and we both loved the idea of a sunset session on the beach.   Afterward, he showed me some of the poses he'd learned when he and his girlfriend went to a Partner Yoga class this Spring.  I've never really tried Partner Yoga, and it was a lot of fun.   The one time that my husband and I tried a Partner Yoga DVD, it was more of a "yeah, I'm doing Yoga beside my partner, but we're not really doing it *together*" kind of thing.   This was totally different;  we leaned into each other to better reach our depths in each pose.    My husband took all of these (while offering wry, amusing commentary....).  Anyway, it was a perfect night for Yoga on the beach & all the more fun to enjoy it with someone else.









2 comments:

  1. SOOOOO AWESOME! Beautiful photos, yogis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cool Kat! I love the bridge pose pic, though it makes me wince - I just don't have that kind of flexibility right now. :( I am so glad you got to experience this - and I hope D was inspired, too!

    ReplyDelete