"In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy." - Albert Clarke

Monday, June 28, 2010

things I love

just enough time for some free-associating before bed ~ 




I love.....


knowing at the end of the day that a warm, comfortable bed & a good book await me (even if I can only manage a chapter before falling asleep...);  frogs singing in the dark;  geckos on my window;  a quiet, peaceful house;  lazing in the pool on a hot summer day;  knowing that I have an abundance of people in my life who love me & have my back;  spinach salad with strawberries and blueberries;  hot, strong coffee first thing in the morning;  my morning ritual of going outside to rescue Junebugs from the watering containers in the garden;  going outside just before bed and standing in the darkness, listening to the frogs and the occasional owl;  music that breathes with me;  discovering the joy of meditation;  mango iced tea;  going barefoot;  playing soccer;  walking in the woods;  capturing moments in time with my camera; Hem (a new, favourite musical discovery courtesy of a friend);  chili lime sunflower seeds;  reading by the pool;  playing cards with my eldest girl;  getting my butt handed to me by my youngest girl when we play checkers;  long-distance phone calls with my love;  playing with clay;  leftover pasta;  knitting dishcloths (I've discovered I really don't have the attention span or patience for much else);  painted toenails;  watching The Amazing Race with my eldest; eating blackberries straight from the garden, while they're still warm from the sun; The Vinyl Cafe (spent me some time with Stuart today, I did);  the smell of freshly mown grass;  midnight snacks.... and, of course -


Now, about that midnight snack.....   ;)

~K

1 comment:

  1. Great list, K! I must say there are are few things on there that I shall have to try! :D

    ReplyDelete