"In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy." - Albert Clarke

Saturday, November 12, 2011

crazy Saturday 10

10 great things about this Saturday...


  1. Yoga class ROCKED this morning.  Just the fact that I was able to go rocked!  After having to miss the past three Saturday morning classes, I was giddy to be able to attend today.  One of my favourite instructors teaches on Saturday mornings - - she's got this great energy, and encourages us to try all of these crazy ass poses that I'd never have believed I could do until, gradually, I begin to be able to do them!  Case in point?  This morning I actually was able to get my foot behind my head.  It's still a bit "hunch-y", but it got there - - each of them did!   
  2. After Yoga class, I hoofed it over to drop off my Submission packet for a local, juried art show.  There was a mix-up, and I was supposed to bring in my *art* today, not just the CD of images.  Sucks, right?  Except the curator opened up my package, took a look at my contact sheet of thumbnails, and said "Wow.  These are REALLY good.   How possible is it that you'll have something ready if I come early tomorrow, before the Juror arrives, and get them in for you then?"  Um, VERY possible.  It felt *awesome* to have that kind of enthusiastic response from her and I decided right then and there that I would somehow make it happen.
  3. I made it happen.  Three, framed pieces in my car, ready to be taken over to the Gallery first thing tomorrow morning.  Phew!
  4. It was a wonderful day spent with friends.  We had our last soccer games of the season (my husband coaches two Little League teams, and I'm basically responsible for making sure he gets there, dressed, an all...   heh.)   Great games, a lot of laughs, and two end-of-season parties to enjoy.
  5. Take-out for dinner, which meant I didn't have to come home after a day of racing from Yoga classes to Galleries to soccer fields to camera shops to frame shops to soccer fields, etc... and still whip up a meal at the end of it.  Horray for convenience food now and then!
  6. The Soy Caramel Macchiato I treated myself to in between errands today.  Just because it's yummy.
  7. Two episodes of Dexter to enjoy with my guy after we put our children to bed tonight, which will be very soon!
  8. The hot shower I just took.  It's sometimes just the simple stuff, right?
  9. I loved the weather today.  It was overcast and windy and cool, but not chilly enough for a sweater.  We had a teeny bit of drizzle late in the afternoon, but nothing major - - just enough to freshen things up a bit.
  10. I get to go sit on the couch now with a big glass of iced water, and do nothing.  No more errands, no more to frame, no lunches to make for tomorrow.  Tomorrow is a day with no where that I *have* to be (except for the morning Gallery drop-off), and I'm grateful for that right now.  Looking forward to a day of rest is something that brings me joy this Saturday evening.
I hope you had a good Saturday, too!

3 comments:

  1. What a stellar day, K! Add my big big hugs to your happy love fest! Congrats on the great feedback for your pix - not that you don't already know how awesome your skills and perspective are, but it's always wonderful to have a pat on the back! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Katherine. You deserve it! "I TOLD YOU SO"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks to both of you! Mwah! ♥

    ReplyDelete