"In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy." - Albert Clarke

Thursday, November 10, 2011

fun gift poll

Someone posted this to an online community I'm a member of.  I thought that it would make for a fun blog post - - *particularly* if others will share what's on their hypothetical "wish list", too!  Please feel welcome to post yours in the comments below.  Who knows?  Maybe Santa reads my blog!

1. Under $20 gift?   Hmm... first thing that comes to mind is a pound of Starbucks' "Thanksgiving Blend" coffee beans.  It is awesome stuff.  I was a very happy girl last week when it was the "morning pick" each of the days that I popped in for coffee.

2. Family gift?  Maybe a new fire pit for the backyard?   We've been enjoying our evenings out there at least a couple of time a week, and our current fire pit has 1-too-few legs after someone (*ahem*... oops.) inadvertently nicked it with the lawn mower.  Hey!  I didn't think a lawn mower could saw off an iron leg!  Frankly, I was more than a little impressed......  My husband didn't share my enthusiasm.

3. Sexy/Romantic gift?   How about a night or two in a cute little hotel in New Orleans with my guy?  I'd love a weekend away!   Strolls together in the French Quarter, coffee and beignets, jazzy goodness... sounds divine.

4. Practical gift?  We could really use a good chair for the desk.  We had one, but someone's (NOT ME!) habit of leaning waaaaaaaaaaaaay back whilst enjoying his comedy programs on Netflix did 'er in.  I was not there to witness it, but apparently the chair back went "crack!" and someone (NOT ME!) almost landed right on his keister on the tile floor.   That would have been a little bit funny..

5. Extravagant wish gift?   A trip to the Canadian Rockies!  For two weeks!  In a nice, cozy cabin with a wood burning fire place!  And endless opportunities to head out with only my camera for company!  And steaming cups of coffee & good books to read!   And yoga time by a peaceful, Mountain lake!  And long hikes with my family!  Where the children are NOT whining or asking how much longer we're going to be walking because their feet hurt and they're hungry and whose dumb idea was this, anyway....

I don't ask for much.


Your turn:  what's on your wish list?  

No comments:

Post a Comment