"In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy." - Albert Clarke

Friday, November 4, 2011

top 10

Yeah, yeah... so it's 10:30 and I have Friday brain and can't string together 5 sentences;  what can you do?

Here's an idea - the top 10 things about my day:
  1. It was *beautiful*.  Sunny and crisp, the perfect Fall day.  Jeans and a long-sleeved t-shirt, no jacket needed.  Perfect.
  2. I had a breakfast date with my husband.  Much laughter and catching up after a busy week for both of us. The coffee was good, too.
  3. A book that I'd ordered came in the mail from Amazon today.  Just in time for the weekend - gotta love it!
  4. My house is clean.  I'm really trying to do a general, quick tidy each evening and not let things get out of control.  As a result, it only took 15 minutes after school  to get it ship-shape:  I vacuumed, my eldest girl mopped.  Voila!  Clean house!
  5. I enjoyed a backyard fire with my girls after dinner.  I loved sitting with them, talking about their days and sipping a mug of tea.  The stars twinkling overhead, and barely a breeze on this warm, clear night.
  6. Connecting with a friend this afternoon.  I'm grateful for the meaningful relationships I have in my life - people that I can really talk with.
  7. Fun time Skype'ing with my sister-in-law tonight.  
  8. The Thanksgiving Blend cup of coffee I treated myself to this afternoon.... well, it's a limited time thing, ya know.  Who can blame me?
  9. A new candle burning on the mantle - cinnamon pecan.   It's a little thing that makes me feel happy.
  10. Soon to tuck into a warm, cozy bed with a new book  - the night air cooling down and making it feel even more wonderful under the covers.


"Goodnight stars, goodnight air, goodnight noises everywhere."  - Margaret Wise Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment