"In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy." - Albert Clarke

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Today I....

  • made it to the Thursday morning early Yoga class.  Yay, me!  The Instructor lulled into a false sense of security by being all stretchy-focused, and then - BAM!    Threw Bird of Paradise at us, she did.  Dang.  I *did* manage to get it going on, at least to some extent.... if you can ignore the fact that I was kind of hunched over...   Hunchy Bird of Paradise is not quite as cute as non-hunchy;  just sayin'.
  • I found the time to toss back 20 oz of Christmas Blend.  Hey, for the months of November and December, it's my duty.  
  • I finished "The Happiness Project" (whilst tossing back the coffee).  I really liked it - I liked how "real" Gretchen Rubin comes across.  She is Gretchen.  (That'll really only make sense if you've read the book;  if you haven't, you're probably just thinking, "Yeah... so?")   I am thinking of embarking on my own Happiness Project, just for kicks.  I've already found many ideas in the book that I'd like to incorporate into my life (and some that I already had been doing).    It's a book worth reading;  I recommend it.
  • I came home and threw the ingredients for Dal in the crockpot.    Yes, actually making dinner gives me a very high sense of accomplishment.  
  • I took care of three errands that had been  nagging on me for waaaaaaaay too long - - a parcel that I've been trying to mail since August (Have I ever mentioned I loathe mailing things?  It's one of my weirdnesses).   I took care of my ... *ahem*... traffic citation (FIRST dang one since I was 17, y'all.  What a supreme PITA.).   Hit the Indian Grocer for some ingredients I noticed were lacking as I put together the dal this afternoon.   Returned borrowed coolers to a friend.
  • Fed children and hit the rink with them for the organized "Skate Night".  We had a blast.  I have one arm longer than the other from my youngest's clutch of death, but it was a great time.   My eldest really got to zooming around the rink pretty good, especially since this is only her... let's see... third time in skates, and it's been 9 months (or so) since our last outing.  I also did a fine job of refraining from dancing as I skated.  I was under STRICT instructions that I may.not.dance.  At all.  Like, not even a hip shake here or there.  Believe you me, even the slightest indiscretions were noted by the wily eyes of my eldest.   

Home again, home again, jiggity-jig.  Everyone's sleeping but me and I'm about to join them.  Clothes are laid out for the morning, kitchen is cleaned up.  Time to hit the hay before I start to scour the shelves for tucked away chocolate....

Today's photo - from Monday morning's venture.   A good reminder.


No comments:

Post a Comment