"In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy." - Albert Clarke

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wednesday morning

I haven't written in a while - well, that's not true, I've got a long post halfway written, but I haven't published anything in a while.  It's been a busy few days!  The schools are out for Thanksgiving break.  It's nice to have my children home with me, even if I do have moments of my day where I want to just hole up in a closet with a good bar of chocolate and a book and, most importantly, some   Q   U   I   E   T .    Ah, sweet silence, how you elude me.

My coffee just "beeped" at me.  It's that wonderful moment of anticipation of taking that first sip.  How is it that the *first* sip always tastes so heavenly?

My big plans for the day involve making it to the gym and hitting the town library before they close down for the Thanksgiving holiday.  I still have this fantasy of trying out this delicious sounding vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe that I have tucked away, but we'll see if I get to that.   Being Canadian, we don't really celebrate Thanksgiving with great flair.  There have been years where we've hosted dinner parties for transplanted souls like ourselves, and we do have an invite for tomorrow to eat with friends, but I think we're most likely just going to enjoy our day at home.  Right now a lazy day with good food and maybe a fire in the backyard towards evening sounds good to me.

To paraphrase my wise friend Dawn, I'm now going to sit here as long as it takes me to drink my Snoopy mug of black coffee.  I'm not moving unless I catch on fire.


  

2 comments: